Grant and I got engaged last month, and since then everything has been a whirl! We’ve kicked into planning mode, largely because we’re both really enjoying the planning process thus far. But of course, one part of the plan is to lose some weight before the big day, so we both look and feel our best.
Along with the weight-loss goal comes a set of skincare goals for me. And much like losing weight, for me these goals are things I’ve been meaning to do in or out of wedlock, just to keep my skin feeling and looking its happiest and healthiest. And now I have a really good excuse to make it official! So I’m writing myself a set of skincare vows to follow while leading up to the big day and beyond.
1) I vow to use my Clarisonic at least once per day, with no more than one lapse per week. (I mean, I paid enough for the thing, and I love the results… when I actually take the time to use it!)
2) I vow to at least remove my makeup before going to bed, no matter how tired I am. (A very bad beauty habit of mine — I always tell people that I’m full of great skincare advice that I have lots of trouble following!)
3) I vow not to skip lotion/body oil after more than one shower per week. (Taking care of dry skin needs consistency!)
4) I vow to file my nails BEFORE they break and tear from getting too long. (I’ve been carrying a top-notch nail file in my purse since January 1st, but I have yet to use it once this year! And I notice my ragged nails much more now, every time I show off my ring… it feels wrong to have crappy cuticles and crooked nails next to such a beautiful heirloom. I should give the rock the respect it deserves and take care of my manicure!)
5) I vow to be consistent in the application of my topical actives. (No more starting things like Retin-A but skipping it six nights a week — no good will come of it, and I hate getting perpetually stuck in the dry flaky phase!)
Hopefully the fact that I made these vows public will mean that I actually follow them, to some degree. I’m also going to post them on EDS so that my pals online can help egg me on.